[Ifeffit] monthly xraylarch developer zoom meeting

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Mar 17 07:23:21 CDT 2023

Hi All,

A few of us would like to start having regular (or somewhat regular) Zoom
meetings to discuss planning and development goals for the xraylarch
project.  We would like to eventually settle on a stable-ish time for the
monthly meeting.  A doodle poll for the time of the initial meeting is at:

         https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/e99lKPze

I will send out an announcement by March 27th of when the first
meeting will be.

 There are many potential topics to discuss.  A  few that are on my mind as
topics for the next months/year might include:
   a) supporting (and perhaps working on design) of an XAS schema for
NeXuS/HDF5
   b) better support for using xraylarch from Jupyter, especially plotting
routines.
   c) creating inputs, launching, and reading of outputs for XANES
calculations with Feff and/or FDMNES.
   d) MCR-ALS or related additional linear algebra methods.
   e) improvement to XRF / XRF mapping schemas, formats, and analysis.

These discussions will sort of focus on what these codes and programs
should do, so anyone interested in working with Larch from Python or other
tools is definitely most welcome.  Having input from knowledgeable "power
users" or experts in the field would be great.

I think we don't want this to be a support forum, but if people would also
like to see "virtual office hours" (say, 1 hour per month for support
questions), please let me know.

Thanks,

--Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu> 630-327-7411