[Ifeffit] Origin of noise in Ag K-Edge

Sebastian Kunze sbstnknze at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 10:35:51 CDT 2024

Dear Shelly, Robert, Matt,

thank you for your kind replies, I think I should give more information
about the measurement.
The sample is a sealed battery anode consisting of silver particles that
should undergo alloying with Lithium during charging. This is done at
constant temperature and applied pressure. I repeated this experiment under
different conditions several times, and each time there is less noise
before a certain time during the charging process, after which
is persists even when the battery is at rest (not charging/discharging). I0
also did not fluctuate much, and the integration time for each point is
indeed the same. Therefore I think it is not instrumental, but rather
something happening in the sample. As you can see from the spectra, the
silver particles experience a strong decrease of uniform structure when
they lithiate. For me, this at least explains why the noise in the
post-edge increases, but can it also explain the noise in the edge and
pre-edge?

In any case, thank you very much for your answers!

Best,
Sebastian