[Ifeffit] Origin of noise in Ag K-Edge

Robert Gordon moyie.institute at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 11:39:47 CDT 2024

Then Matt's suggestion of having changed the uniformity ... Are you
using a focused beam/small beam size?
A small amount of motion of beam or sample relative to the other could
move you on or off a cluster.

Transmission signal should show more noise then, but not I0.

You could try a larger beam, or rotating the sample a bit to have a
larger footprint...greater effective thickness
and better averaging over non-uniformity.

-R.