[Ifeffit] Origin of noise in Ag K-Edge

Matthew Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 29 12:11:30 CDT 2024

Sebastian,

What is happening “in situ”?  Are you heating the sample, flowing gas, or changing some other external conditions?

The cleaner spectra are also those with larger oscillations, implying a more uniform local environment. That might suggest that the less clean spectra are from samples with more pinholes or non-uniformity in the bulk distribution of sample particles within the beam.

--Matt