[Ifeffit] Larch energy calibration

Schoepfer, Valerie valerie.schoepfer at usask.ca
Tue Mar 2 07:41:26 CST 2021

Hi,

I am using Larch XAS Viewer for the first time to analyze some Mo XANES data. It is fairly straightforward, however I am running into problems with energy calibration, which leads to problems with Linear Combination Fitting.

Right now, which is likely wrong, I'm calibrating the energy of a standard to the theoretical edge, then auto-aligning the samples to the standard. But how do reference foils fit in here? Reference foils don't seem to be tied to the sample like they are in Athena. Should I be manually aligning?

Is there a general guidance or work flow?
Thank you-
Valerie

Valerie Schoepfer, PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow