[Ifeffit] Athena plugin for synchrotrons in Japan

Yohei Uemura yohei.uemura at psi.ch
Mon Mar 1 17:31:53 CST 2021

Dear Bruce,

This is Yohei Uemura.

We are using the Athena plugin to read the data format used in synchrotrons
in Japan.
It is very helpful to read XAFS data directly into Athena. We appreciate
the plugin.

Recently, we realised that the plugin does not work properly for some data
sets.

When the data is like below (I0 and I are integers), the plugin works fine.

Step scan (or QXAFS) using a counter device
[image: image.png]

However, if the data is like below (I0 and I are decimal fractions), the
outputs of I0 and I are 4digit such as 0.345.

QXAFS: I0 and I are decimal fractions
[image: image.png]

I found the problem was at l. 63.
my $pattern = "  %9.3f  %9.3f  %10.6f" . "  %12.3f" x $ndet . $/;
The output data is terminated by 3 digits after a decimal point.

If the plugin is modified as the attached file, both the files were read
correctly.
The modification is:
my $pattern = "  %9.3f  %9.3f  %10.6f" . "  %12.3f" x $ndet . $/;

*$pattern = "  %9.3f  %9.3f  %10.6f" . "  %12.6f" x $ndet . $/ if
$list[2+$ndet] =~ m/\d*\.\d+/;*

I added the bolded line in order not to truncate the I0 and I by 3 digits.

Could you modify the plugin which is provided with the demeter package?

Best regards,
Yohei

Yohei Uemura (Ph.D)
Affiliation : Paul Scherrer Institut (PSI),
                  Laboratory for Environmental Chemistry (LUC)
Address : OFLB 106 (PSI Ost), PSI, Forschungsstrasse 111,
                 5232 Villigen, Switzerland
Phone: +41 (0)5-6310-4571

上村洋平
所属 : Paul Scherrer Institut (PSI),
          Laboratory for Environmental Chemistry (LUC)
住所 : OFLB 106 (PSI Ost), PSI, Forschungsstrasse 111,
          5232 Villigen, Switzerland
電話 : +41 (0)5-6310-4571