[Ifeffit] iron carbide fitting with Artemis

Yunyun Zhou yyzhouzhou at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 16:06:31 CDT 2017

Hello Mike,

Thank you very much for your help. I have a question about combining
different atoms in a shell. For example, in the Fe5C2 model,
 ATOMS                  * this list contains 221 atoms
 *   x          y          z     ipot tag           distance
    0.00000    0.00000    0.00000  0  Fe1           0.00000
   -0.19385    1.76888   -0.78107  4  C1.1          1.94335
   -0.19385   -0.94552    1.72493  4  C1.2          1.97661

If I am going to combine C1.1 and C1.2, shall I set them the cartisian
coordinate as in FEFF file?

 ATOMS                  * this list contains 221 atoms
 *   x          y          z     ipot tag           distance
    0.00000    0.00000    0.00000  0  Fe1           0.00000
   0.00000     0.00000    1.94335  4  C1.1            1.94335

Thanks a lot for your help again!

Best,

Yunyun