[Ifeffit] iron carbide fitting with Artemis

Mike Massey mmassey at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 15:40:48 CDT 2017

I definitely recommend combining multiple atoms of similar distances into the same path. That's what you end up with anyway if you use multiple paths, with a lot more potential problems in the software.

Sometimes it is beneficial to split a shell of of atoms into two, to capture some physical behavior (for example, 2 atoms at 3 Angstroms and 4 atoms at 3.3 Angstroms, instead of one very disordered shell of 6 atoms at 3.2 Angstroms).

Depending on your data quality, I recommend building a fitting model with maybe 2-8 total "shells" of atoms at different distances.

Mike