[Ifeffit] problems installing athena et al under ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Robert Gordon ragordon at alumni.sfu.ca
Wed Nov 23 22:42:33 CST 2016

Hi Juan,

I just installed demeter and larch on an Ubuntu 16.04lts system today.
I can reproduce something like your error. I use the 10K Cu data in the
examples
folder.

If I import it and don't select the numerator on import, the plot window
has issues
(~10^307 axis limit), but the file gets listed in the data list.

I can get 10^9 for the energy axis by specifying keV instead of eV for
the import energy.

i.e. Matt's question: Did you import the data correctly?
(and why 10^9 if it is supposedly multiplying by 1000?...would have
thought 10^6...)

Did you import a number of datasets with mixed keV and eV energy scales?
I did that once
where the first file was in keV and subsequent ones in eV and the energy
scale was decidedly
off for the subsequent ones.

cheers,
Robert