[Ifeffit] problems installing athena et al under ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Juan de la figuera juan.delafiguera at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 04:23:43 CST 2016

Hi,

I send one of the data files we are currently acquiring (SPLINE beamline at
ESRF).

I have checked that my compiled 0.9.24 version works with the examples
cu10k.dat file, but it is true, as Robert confirmed, that strange things
happen if you mark ev instead of kev.

With our data files like the one enclosed, dathena chokes on the scale.
Actually it opens the window but it has x10^9 scale. On the other hand, the
0.9.24 for Windows opens the files ok. Now, the files are MSDOS-ended
files, I tried converting them to Linux-ending, but same result. I also
tried putting a # comment on the first line.

I stress that Athena 0.8.061 (included in the horae package in ubuntu)
opens the file like a charm.

One additional detail (just in case), I have Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64-bit.

Best,
Juan