[Ifeffit] problems installing athena et al under ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 23 21:45:27 CST 2016

Hi Juan,

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Juan de la figuera <
juan.delafiguera at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have been installing demeter from git under ubuntu 16.04 LTS, following
> the non-root instructions from:
> https://gist.github.com/waveform80/3959252
>
> I also installed xraylarch from git. Xaylarch is only missing:
> #=== Warning: Some recommended Python Packages are missing:
>     epics:  needed for using the EPICS control system
>     pyFAI:  needed for xrd modules
>
> It seems to work, but when I try to open a file that can be open properly
> from Athena installed on Windows, I get:
>
> Trying Larch server: /home/juan/perl5/lib/perl5/x86
> _64-linux-gnu-thread-multi/Demeter/share/ini/larch_server.ini
> Trying Larch server:  larch_server -p 4968 start
> larch_server port=4968: started
>
> gnuplot> set xrange [ 6900130000 : 7955610000 ]
>                      ^
>         line 0: warning: integer overflow; changing to floating point
>
> gnuplot> set xrange [ 6900130000 : 7955610000 ]
>                                   ^
>         line 0: warning: integer overflow; changing to floating point
>

> and although it opens the data in a gnuplot window, the scale is off
> (7x10^9 instead of 7x10^3). I am assuming once it is confused about the
> scale, it makes a mess with the data.

Did you import the data correctly?

Did you try this with more than one data file?

Why did you not include that data file in your request for help?

If you had included the (or a) file giving you trouble, it would allow
someone else to try to reproduce the problem, which might actually lead to
an answer.

--Matt

PS:  Athena version 0.8.061 is more than 5 years old and is not supported.