[Ifeffit] No plot window in Athena/Demeter on Mac OS X Yosemite

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Tue Sep 22 14:53:31 CDT 2015

On 09/22/2015 03:38 PM, Raimundo Lora Serrano wrote:
> I just reinstalled “xorg-server demeter”, now I get:
> /private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.lXiE4HyZ2W/org.macports:0
>
> but there is no plot window. The problem remains.

I want to preface this by saying that I have no idea what the problem
is and I do not own a Mac on which to investigate.

That said, I can think of something you might look into.

  * Can you run gnuplot from the command line?

  * If so, what is the default terminal?  To find out, do this at the
    gnuplot command line:  "show terminal"

  * If the default terminal is something other than "X11", "wxt", or
    "qt", can you reset it?  That is done at the gnuplot command line
    by, for instance, "set terminal wxt"

  * Can you make a plot?  To find out, plot a sine wave at the gnuplot
    command line with "plot sin(x)"

Basically, I am wondering if the problem is that gnuplot is not
working or if the problem is that Demeter's communication with gnuplot
is not working.

  Bruce Ravel  ------------------------------------ bravel at bnl.gov

  Synchrotron Science Group at NSLS-II