[Ifeffit] Demeter: Problem closing communication to gnuplot

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Sat Apr 12 15:40:26 CDT 2014

It would, of course, help to see the script, but I can guess what the
issue is.

Try doing

   use Demeter qw(:ui=screen);

at the top of the script, and

   $data_object -> pause;

before it exits.

The specific message is issued because the perl script ended while the
pipe to the gnuplot process was still open.  That doesn't happen if you
put in a pause.  And you get to look at the plot before it vanishes!