[Ifeffit] Demeter: Problem closing communication to gnuplot

George Sterbinsky GeorgeSterbinsky at u.northwestern.edu
Fri Apr 11 17:45:02 CDT 2014

Hello,

I am trying to learn to use Demeter following The Demeter Programmer Guide.
When I attempt to run the first example script in the importing data
section I get the following error message:

Graphics::GnuplotIF (object 1): problem closing communication to gnuplot

I also see the plot window flash open and then closed on my screen.

I am using  perl 5.16.1 on  mac OSX 10.8.5. If anyone can provide any
suggestions as to how I might correct this please let me know.

Thank you,
George