[Ifeffit] Fwd: Re: Demeter deglitch problem

Bruce Ravel bravel at bnl.gov
Thu Dec 12 12:51:23 CST 2013

Sathish,

I'm sorry, Sathish, but I simply don't see this behavior, on any of
the computers I have tried.

I have no trouble putting the cursor on the point in question.  It can
be a little tricky getting the cursor on, for example, one of the
points from 6750 to 6770.  That is because of the details of the
algorithm that tries to find the actual data point that is closest to
whatever point was clicked on.  For a data point that is not a distant
outlier, pretty good aim is required.

That said, the two points near 6864 are distant outliers.  Hitting one
and not the other might be hard, but hitting one of them is easy.

I am not disputing that you are having trouble.  I am just saying that
given the data you sent and the explanation you gave, I cannot
reproduce the behavior, so I don't know what I can do to help.