[Ifeffit] PYTHON scripting on MacOS & XP

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Aug 12 12:49:06 CDT 2010

Hi Joel,

Sorry that Python scripting is not currently included in the iXAFS
installation or easily available on Mac OS X.   I'll work on this and
post it as soon as possible.   I am just getting back to having a Mac
with a build system, so it might take me a little time.

For windows, there is python wrapper included in the distribution, but
you have to explicitly install it (as python is not typically
installed on windows), and it's a little out-dated, being only
available for Python2.5.  You can install the extension from:
  http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ifeffit/src/Ifeffit-1.2.win32-py25.exe

Again, I'll try to update both the Windows and Mac wrappers within the
next week.

Cheers,

--Matt