[Ifeffit] PYTHON scripting on MacOS & XP

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Aug 13 19:12:53 CDT 2010

Hi Joel,

I updated the Ifeffit-Python extension for Windows, and have put it at:
    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/Python

This requires a working windows installation of Ifeffit+, but it does
work on a Mac running Parallels.   I've only tested the Python
extension with Python2.6, but I suspect it will work with 2.5 and 2.7.
 I do recommend installing numpy,  but it's not required.

Still working on a version that runs on OS X.

Cheers, and let me know if there are any problems with this.