[Ifeffit] Los

Eugenio Otal eugenioh at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 19:54:04 CST 2009

Hi everybody,
thanks for your time, knowledge and pacience.
The first shell is can be fitted by 2 sub shells with this composition:
  n_first_1 = 2.4702860
  r = 1.782161
  n_first_2 = 9.2476950
  r = 2.342539
This is really far from Zn in ZnO, is closer to Er(OH)3, with 8 between 2.40
and 2.43 and ErOOH presents 7 neighbors between 2.26 and 2.45, with
something like 2 sub-shells. Er2O3 has two sites with octahedral simmetry,
one is perfectly Oh and the other distorted with 2.21 to 2.36 for Er-O.
I chequed the doping element incorporation and found that what I suppose to
be 1% is in fact 0.6% (by ICP quantification) the incorporation is less I
though. Maybe that is the reason to do not find call parameters change.
What kind of difference could I find between nanoparticles and bulk for
incorporation?
Cheers, euG

--
"I posti più caldi nell'inferno sono riservati a coloro che in tempo di
grandi crisi morali mantengono la propria neutralità". Dante Alighieri

Lic. Eugenio H. Otal
CINSO - CONICET - CITEFA
San Juan Bautista de La Salle 4397.
Villa Martelli (B1603 ALO) Buenos Aires