[Ifeffit] chi(k) Athena bug?

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Thu Sep 4 09:27:45 CDT 2008

Hi Olivier,

This sounds like it might be due to bugs in both Feff and
Ifeffit/Athena.  That is,

a) Feff's chi.dat should start at k=0, not at k=1.4Ang^-1.  Any ideas
why this might have happened??   If you'd like us to understand this
issue better, post the feff.inp file.

b) Ifeffit/Athena is able to read chi(k) data that starts at k>0, in
general.   But I can believe that it might recognize a chi.dat file
from Feff, and read it in expecting it to start at k=0.   That could
cause the trouble you're seeing, though I would not expect athena to
freeze because of such a problem.

--Matt