[Ifeffit] data file format

Matthew MAMarcus at lbl.gov
Wed Jun 21 03:36:28 CDT 2006

There are two types of encodings which may differ among text files from
different countries and OSs.  I
don't know how Athena&Co. handle either of them.  One is that numbers and
decimals can differ per country.  If
Kgraph is using a local encoding other than the American standard, say,
using commas instead of periods, it's possible
that Artemis won't understand it.  I have the same problem with my analysis
programs.   Every so often I get a panicky email
from a user whose files won't open.  The other variation is in what
constitutes the end of a line, which is OS-dependent.  It could
be carriage return, linefeed, or CR-LF.
    mam