[Ifeffit] data file format

emmanuelle montarges-pelletier emmanuelle.montarges at ensg.inpl-nancy.fr
Wed Jun 21 03:25:47 CDT 2006

Hello
I have some problems with data file format as I try to import exafs
files in Artemis or in Athena.
I am working on a powerbook G4, with OSX 10.4.6. I installed the
ifeffit package, including Athena and Artemis.  Athena could open any
XAS "raw" file from fluorescence or transmission measurements.
However, if I perform any modifications on these raw files with
exterior programs (Michalowicz programs, Kaleidagraph)  and try to
import the new files , saved as text files, Athena or Arthemis can
not open them. I guess it may come from the encoding of the text
file. Do you have any clue on this encoding issue? Do you know any
program which would allow me to transform these text files in
readable files for Artemis?
Thank you for your answer
sincerely
Emmanuelle