[Ifeffit] error message in help

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Mon Feb 13 19:54:21 CST 2006

On Monday 13 February 2006 19:35, Bradley Roberts wrote:
> With Ifeffit 1.2.8, Athena 0.8.047, Artemis 0.8.004 running on OS X
> and plotting correctly, I'm not able to pull up any of the help
> windows.  In either of the GUI programs, when I click on the Help
> menu and choose Document (or any of the sub-menu items in Athena) X11
> beeps in error, and a window opens with the title "pod" and nothing
> displayed within the window.
>
> I mentioned before that I could not get tk::pod to install correctly
> via CPAN  (the response being)
>
> Installing tk::pod FAILED
>
> windows would pop up during the make test routine that said:  Can't
> find Pod 'perl'       with an OK button and that the Text::English
> and Tk::HistEntry modules were not installed (though they are
> installed, says CPAN)
>
> I recognize that this is probably more of a Perl/CPAN related
> question but perhaps someone has seen this problem before.

Why do you need to install Tk::Pod?  I distribute a copy of Tk::Pod inside the
horae tarball.  It gets installed when you build horae.  Is there some Mac-y
reason that it needs to be installed separately?

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel
 EXAFS software: http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/