[Ifeffit] Mac Installer

Paul Fons paul-fons at aist.go.jp
Wed Feb 15 20:26:59 CST 2006

   I am corresponding with Bradley Roberts regarding his problems
with installing Ifeffit on his machine.  In so far as I know there
have been no problems with the installer, but to be sure I have
rebuilt the installer with the latest version of horae-060.  I then
used this installer to install Ifeffit on a freshly installed 10.4.5
system  (a pismo that was gathering dust and had a new hard disk in
it with just the OS).  This machine had *no* software other than the
OS and X11 installed.  After installing Ifeffit with my latest
installer build, Ifeffit worked fine (I started each binary and
checked that the graphics and Tk panels show up fine).

Conclusion, the mac installer is fully functional.  Other than
Bradley's problems (which may be unique to his system), I have not
heard of any other problems.  Has anyone else seen any problems with
the Ifeffit-1.2.8-Mac10.4_pkg.dmg installer?

Matt, I was wondering if it would be cool to add the horae version to
the installer name using some predetermined format).  As it stands,
it is hard to know how old each release is.  The windows installer
selfupdates so this shouldn't be a problem, but as the horae_update
script is at least for the moment broken, I am trying to release a
new mac binary installer every time Bruce comes out with a new
version (for people who don't want to bother installing a development
environment to compile the latest horae version).

						Paul