[Ifeffit] error message in help

Bradley Roberts br2 at u.washington.edu
Mon Feb 13 19:35:25 CST 2006

With Ifeffit 1.2.8, Athena 0.8.047, Artemis 0.8.004 running on OS X
and plotting correctly, I'm not able to pull up any of the help
windows.  In either of the GUI programs, when I click on the Help
menu and choose Document (or any of the sub-menu items in Athena) X11
beeps in error, and a window opens with the title "pod" and nothing
displayed within the window.

I mentioned before that I could not get tk::pod to install correctly
via CPAN  (the response being)

Installing tk::pod FAILED

windows would pop up during the make test routine that said:  Can't
find Pod 'perl'       with an OK button and that the Text::English
and Tk::HistEntry modules were not installed (though they are
installed, says CPAN)

I recognize that this is probably more of a Perl/CPAN related
question but perhaps someone has seen this problem before.

--
Bradley Roberts (br2 at u.washington.edu)
Graduate Student, Department of Materials Science & Engineering