[Ifeffit] Problem loading application on Mac OSX 10.4.7

FARGES Francois Francois.Farges at univ-mlv.fr
Tue Aug 22 12:12:13 CDT 2006

> Hello,
>
> I just downloaded ifeffit version -
> ifeffit-1-1.2.9-Mac10.4_horae62_pkg.dmg - to my Mac - Version 10.4.7 -
> and am having some trouble running the programs.
>
> When I double click on the application file I am prompted to "Please
> pick an output device;" my choices are either "X11 graphics" or
> "Aquaterm."  When I choose either of them, the application fails and
> the icon disappears from the dock.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Is there a different
> version available for Mac OSX 10.4.7?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Colin

Colin, and all macusers in troubles :

1) open the console in /Applications/Utilities
2) launch the program and see what's the probleme reported in the console.

you'll get lots of that verbose dumb UNIX prehistoric-computing stuff that
(nearly) nobody cares for. But needed anyway for you to decode any
problem, incl. that one.     Then, you'll become a free person !
(wishing you the best !).

hints: as Bruce said, it can be X11 missing (not installed by default)
OR/AND you've a mac with an intel processor. ifeffit is not uptodate with
that last macintel issue (( you did not specified your computer details,
which does not help the helpers too )).

FF