[Ifeffit] Problem loading application on Mac OSX 10.4.7

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Tue Aug 22 08:53:21 CDT 2006

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 00:13, chessel at ualberta.ca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just downloaded ifeffit version -
> ifeffit-1-1.2.9-Mac10.4_horae62_pkg.dmg - to my Mac - Version 10.4.7 -
> and am having some trouble running the programs.
>
> When I double click on the application file I am prompted to "Please
> pick an output device;" my choices are either "X11 graphics" or
> "Aquaterm."  When I choose either of them, the application fails and
> the icon disappears from the dock.
>
> Has anyone else encountered this problem?  Is there a different
> version available for Mac OSX 10.4.7?

Have you read this page?
  http://cars9.uchicago.edu/iffwiki/IfeffitOnMacintosh

It seems to me that you have not followed the very first instruction
on that page -- the one about installing X11 from the "extra stuff"
disk or from the Apple web site.

My standard caveat: I do not own a Mac computer.  I have no personal
knowledge of the Mac -- all I know is what others have written on the
Ifeffit wiki.

HTH,

 Molecular Environmental Science Group, Building 203, Room E-165
 MRCAT, Sector 10, Advanced Photon Source, Building 433, Room B007

 My homepage:    http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel