[Ifeffit] ifeffit installation on Linux

Peter Pfalzer peter.pfalzer at physik.uni-augsburg.de
Wed Sep 7 10:12:49 CDT 2005

Hi Marco,

the ifeffit installation script didn't find the termcap library on my
machine (SuSE 9.2), although I had it installed using YaST.
The solution was to make a symbolic link to /usr/lib/ ("ln -s /usr/lib
lib") in the [installation-source]/src/cmdline directory (where
"[installation-source]" of course is the place where you have unpacked
the tar file).

Hope that helps,
Peter

> I'm currently making my way into Linux, so I decided to change most of
> my programs to this plattform, which obviously include ifeffit ;)
> I downloaded the ".tar" file, ran with success the PGPlot script for the
> graphics library installation (at least the demos run!!), and executed
> the "configure" script, getting the message "ready for the next
> step"...however I also get the following info:
> checking termcap.h usability... no
> checking termcap.h presence... no
> checking for termcap.h... no
> checking for tgetent... no
> checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
> Anyway then I executed the "run" command, getting the following error:
> cc: ./lib/termcap/libtermcap.a: No such file or directory
> make[3]: *** [ifeffit] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Programas/ifeffit-1.2.7/src/cmdline'
> make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Programas/ifeffit-1.2.7/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Programas/ifeffit-1.2.7'
> make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
> If anyone can help me overcoming this impasse I would be very greatful.
> Also if you need more info please let me know
> Regards,
> Marco

Dr. Peter Pfalzer
Universitaet Augsburg                    Tel: +49-821-598-3215
Lehrstuhl fuer Experimentalphysik II     Fax: +49-821-598-3411
Universitaetsstr. 1
D-86135 Augsburg
Germany                   Peter.Pfalzer at physik.uni-augsburg.de
             http://www.physik.uni-augsburg.de/exp2