[Ifeffit] ifeffit installation on Linux

marco antoni alsina corvalan malsina at puc.cl
Wed Sep 7 09:58:44 CDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm currently making my way into Linux, so I decided to change most of my
programs to this plattform, which obviously include ifeffit ;)
I downloaded the ".tar" file, ran with success the PGPlot script for the
graphics library installation (at least the demos run!!), and executed the
"configure" script, getting the message "ready for the next step"...however
I also get the following info:
checking termcap.h usability... no
checking termcap.h presence... no
checking for termcap.h... no
checking for tgetent... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no

Anyway then I executed the "run" command, getting the following error:
cc: ./lib/termcap/libtermcap.a: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [ifeffit] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Programas/ifeffit-1.2.7/src/cmdline'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Programas/ifeffit-1.2.7/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Programas/ifeffit-1.2.7'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

If anyone can help me overcoming this impasse I would be very greatful.
Also if you need more info please let me know

Regards,

Marco

Marco A. Alsina
Estudiante de Magíster
Departamento de Ingeniería Hidráulica y Ambiental
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Vicuña Mackenna 4860, Santiago, Chile
(56 2) 3544873