[Ifeffit] file causing trouble creating chis

Bruce Ravel bravel at anl.gov
Tue Mar 15 11:05:34 CST 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 10:16, Daniel Carter wrote:
> I thought you might have a general idea for how I could
> gather more info for you about the problem.  I did mention previously
> this weekend to you that I am using windows XP.  I also had thought
> I'd posted a file, but I'd just sent it to Adam.  From now on I will
> send a file every time I have a problem.  This is with athena version
> 8.034.  Matts theory that there is not enough of a Mu(E) range sounds
> good to me so far.

I decided to take a peak at Dan's project file.  The first group is a
xanes record (Group->Identify group's record type).  As Adam
previously mentioned, Athena gets confused about data files sometimes
and misidentifies the data type.  There is a good reason that the
XANES data type exists, but if Athena misidentifies EXAFS data and the
user lets it slip, then writing chi(k) data will not be possible.

I have no problem writing non-zero chi(k) data with the remaining
groups.  Of course, I am using 0.8.037 rather than 0.8.034.  I don't
yet have my windows computer set up, so I cannot repeat my test under
Windows yet.  I don't remember where we left the Windows versions
before my vacation, but if the possibility of upgrading exists, it
might help.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- bravel at anl.gov  -or-
						  ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Environmental Research Division, Building 203, Room E-165
 Argonne National Laboratory                        phone: (1) 630 252 5033