[Ifeffit] Fwd: News

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Jan 7 11:47:43 CST 2005

Hi Michel, Bruce,

I didn't see Michel's log file, and "sudo horae_update" works for
me to upgrade to horae-047: I get athena 0.8.035 and artemis
0.7.013.  Aren't  these the latest???  I guess I'm not sure what
changes Michel is looking for...

> Looking in the Ifeffit folder I don't see an horea-047 folder
> nor a log file. The only change I found are in the bin folder
> where I have new artemis and athena files that are labelled as
> executable unix files but I can open by clicing on them as text
> files! So what happens here: I miss something I guess, but what?

You should be able to click on the Athena, Artemis, etc icons in
/Applications/Ifeffit (which are AppleScript Apps that run the
perl scripts in /Applications/Ifeffit/bin) or type
 ~> athena

at the command line.  There is not a clickable icon for diana
(yet???), so you'd have to run that from the command line (or copy
the artemis applescript in /Applications/Ifeffit/applescript and
edit it to point to diana instead of artemis).