[Ifeffit] Fwd: News

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Fri Jan 7 07:50:10 CST 2005

Hi Folks,

Can anyone here help Michel with his problems installing the latest
horae on his Mac?

Thanks,

Subject: News
Date: Friday 07 January 2005 06:11 am
From: Michel Jaouen <Michel.Jaouen at univ-poitiers.fr>
To: ravel at phys.washington.edu

Previously I have updated all using sudo horea_update. At that date
(september 2004) it creates a folder horae-042 with the attached log
file. It fixes the problems I have mentionned previously: all run fine
(artemis version number 07.013, athena version number 08.035). I have
seen your mail concerning a new update (horae-047). So I do as
previously: sudo horea_update. I receive in the terminal window a lot
of informations related to the instal and at the end all seems OK. But
when I run artemis in a terminal X window, I have the same version as
previously. Looking in the Ifeffit folder I don't see an horea-047
folder nor a log file. The only change I found are in the bin folder
where I have new artemis and athena files that are labelled as
executable unix files but I can open by clicing on them as text files!
So what happens here: I miss something I guess, but what?

	Any hints?

	Cheers

	Michel

PS I don't obtain the new interface as quoted on your web server, so
I suspect I have some install to do "by hands", but why it is
different from the previous update?

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source