[Ifeffit] question about S02 (passive electron reduction factor)

hsnuboy hsnuboy at ksu.edu
Wed Feb 25 11:39:36 CST 2004

Dear Ifeffit folks,

This is Yu-Chuan. I am now trying to fit my sample, magnesium orthovanadate.
I try to follow Bruce's Cu example and Scott's ZnO example steps and I found a
problem come to my fitting. At the beginning of the fitting, the S02(amp) are
far away from 0.9 (just about 0.3). It's much different than Bruce's and
Scott's examples. For Cu and ZnO examples, the fitting results of amp are
close to 0.9 at the beginning even if you set just four parameters (guess:amp,
e0, delr, and ss). Also, John have said that the S02 value should be around
0.9. That's why I am wondering if there is anything wrong with my data
processing? Does anyone happen to have this kind of problem? Thank you for
your help.

Good day
Yu-Chuan