[Ifeffit] a question about the white line

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Tue Dec 14 12:49:34 CST 2004

On Tuesday 14 December 2004 11:56 am, Kelly, Shelly D. wrote:
> I just put a background tutorial on my web page.  Complete with project
> files and a pdf showing screen shots and some instructions.  It used
> MoO3 which I found to have a particularly tough background.  I used a
> theory to remove the background and then showed how to reproduced the
> "same" chi(k) data without the theory.  If anyone wants to play with the
> background and add suggestions I will incorporate more info.  Here is a
> link to the tutorial:  www.mesg.anl.gov/skelly.html

Hey Shelly,

I just put some linkage on my contributions page.  Excellent stuff!

I really recommend this for all of you on the list.  Shelly shows how
to fret over all the fiddly details with a challanging data set.

P.S.  This along with Scott's ZnO example represent an excellent way
      that people can contribute in a genuinely significant way to the
      Ifeffit universe even without writing code.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source