[Ifeffit] Exporting data to Igor

Gerrit Schmithals schmithals at hmi.de
Wed Dec 8 05:57:43 CST 2004

Hello,

I now frequently use the possibility of exporting data from Athena to my
analysis software Igor Pro 5. I have a few suggestions on the exporting
behaviour:

- The abscissa-column of exported BFT data (q-space) is wrong when using
File | Save marked group as data | ... This applies to the magnitude,
real and imaginary part. Obviously the R-space values are used instead
of q-space as can be seen from the column header. When using File | Save
chi(q) no problems occur. (see Data.zip, Athena 0.8.034, Ifeffit 1.2.6a)

- Along with exporting the data I also use Edit | Write a report | CSV
report (marked groups) to get a printout of all parameter values with
which the data was processed. I have written a small script for Igor to
read that data into a text wave from where it can be displayed or used
in further routines e.g. to automatically be displayed in a graph. If
anyone is interested I can post that script.

Bruce, if there is time left for it, could you also include the value of
the check button 'Phase correction' along with the exported data? (BTW:
The unchecked button displays either 'No' or 'Off' but it seems irrelevant)

Cheers,
Gerrit