[Ifeffit] [HELP!] Athena and Artemis doesn't start

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Fri Apr 16 09:50:24 CDT 2004

On Friday 16 April 2004 10:24 am, Matt Newville wrote:
> really imply that it's relatd to PGPLOT??  I think the PL_sv_undef
> error is a Perl internal code (Perl Scalar Variable), and that if
> Ifeffit.so could not find pgplot, the errors would be more like
> '_pgXXX symbol not found'.  I'd guess it was a perl version conflict
> instead, or that Ifeffit.so was built with one perl version and used
> with another: this is the danger of using binary packages.

Matt is completely correct, both in the interpretation of the error
message and of the cause.

Unfortunately I answered Mauro's message before my morning cup of
coffee.  I saw "PL" and the "pg" neurons in my brain fired off.  The
risk here is relying on my brain!

In the case that Mauro saw, rebuilding horae is what is called for so
that the ifeffit wrapper is built against the current Ifeffit library.

Sorry for the confusion.  And, Mauro, I hope that are able to get back
up and running without too much pain.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 405
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 2268
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 4642

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b
 National Synchrotron Light Source