[Ifeffit] Re: ifeffit_1.0077 compilation problem

Scott Calvin scalvin at anvil.nrl.navy.mil
Thu May 8 12:03:28 CDT 2003

Hi Matt,

>As more people are using Ifeffit/Athena/Sixpack for real work,
>it seems that having a stable version is good idea.  So I'm
>leaning toward calling the next release (ie, 1.0078)
>Ifeffit-1.100 and only fixing bugs, and build problem for this
>version so that this can be the 'stable, recommended' version,
>and can get better tests and documentation to really reflect
>this stable version.
>
>I can then start a beta series for new features and build
>systems, and expect only beta testers to be affected.  Any
>comments on this?

Excellent idea! I'm about ready to make the switch from feffit to
ifeffit and the related GUIs, but it's been a bit tricky to time when
to make the jump so that I don't get beset by the bugs which
accompany all the nifty new features. Starting a "stable" series will
make that much easier.

--Scott Calvin
Naval Research Lab
Code 6340