[Ifeffit] athena 0.8.010

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Wed Jan 15 12:36:32 CST 2003

Hi folks,

The release I made of my software last week was riddled with problems.
While I think the Windows executable was ok, the source code tarball
for use on linux and Mac OSX was horribly broken.  Thanks to helpful
interactions with Paul Fons, Jeff Terry, and Shelly Kelly I think I
have ironed out all the problems.

This release, therefore, is mostly a bug-fix release.  The only new
bit of functionality this time involves some changes to how derivative
spectra are plotted.  There are no changes to artemis in this release.

The source code and the new Windows executable for athena 0.8.010 are
in their normal locations.

If you use the source code, you should be running at least version
1.0072 (which dates all the way back to June 2002) of ifeffit.  If you
ifeffit is older than that, you should upgrade to the latest from
Matt's website before installing athena and artemis.

Regards,

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source