[Ifeffit] Athena 0.8.007 and Artemis 0.5.003

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Fri Nov 22 08:31:35 CST 2002

Hi Folks,

I just posted new versions of my two programs on my web site.  The
source tarball for Unix and OSX users as well as newly built windows
executables are in their standard places.

Most of the changes this time fix bugs that I discovered last week
when I was visiting the wonderful folks at the Alberta Synchrotron
Institute.  The two most important changes fix the problems displaying
the normalized background function and reading chi(k) data that is not
on a uniform k-grid.

Windows user who are new to Ifeffit:
   You just need to download the new executable files and drop them on
   top of the old ones in C:\Program Files\Ifeffit (or wherever you
   installed Ifeffit on your computer).  The big installer file
   has *not* yet been updated to include these new versions.

Unix, linux, or Mac OSX users:
   The source tarball now includes the ifeffit wrapper that comes with
   the main ifeffit distribution.  Now, when you update ifeffit, it is
   no longer necessary to cd into the "wrappers/perl/" directory and
   build the perl wrapper.  Instead the wrapper is built at the same
   time as Athena and Artemis.

   I am fairly confident that the wrapper gets compiled correctly.  It
   works fine on my linux computer and on Mac OSX.  Please let me know
   if you have any troubles with the compilation so I can fix the
   build scripts.

As always, feel free to post questions, bug reports, or feature
suggestions to this mailing list.

Special thanks this time to Paul Fons and to all the folks at the ASI.

Regards,
Bruce

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source