[Ifeffit] Double dipping

Kelly, Shelly D. SKelly at anl.gov
Fri Nov 22 09:39:44 CST 2002

Hello All,

I am new to this mailing list, so I hope my question is relevant.
I have several EXAFS data sets that I want to simultaneously fit with one
model.
One of the data sets was modeled first and the results will be published
separately from the rest.  I would like to take a bunch of parameters (all
of them that do not vary significantly from the known, as determined by
individual fits to each data set) from this "known" data set and then fit
the series including the "original" to see how a particluar parameter (the
number of Ca atoms) changes as the ratio of U to Ca changes.  I would like
to hear a discussion on the fairness of this approach and how would you
calculate the number of independent points?

Shelly Kelly