[Ifeffit] Re: pgplot question

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Wed Nov 20 22:19:33 CST 2002

Hi Paul,

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002, Paul Fons wrote:

> I noticed (from early on) that although pgplot generated graphics show
> all spectra labels on screen, when I save them to a  file, that the
> lowermost scan of a multiple scan plot always has the label missing.
> Is this something that is Mac specific or is everyone suffering from
> this problem?  I want to try tracking it down a little (perhaps
> including sending a note to the pgplot author if helpful).

This is my fault -- a bug that's been on the to-do list
forever, and never done.  I believe this will also cause  the
same behavior:

  my.x = range(1,100,1)/10
  my.y = sin(my.x)
  my.z = cos(my.x)
  newplot my.x, my.y, key='sin'
  plot my.x, my.z, key='cos'
#everything is fine...
  plot xmax = 8

and the most recent 'key' gets lost.  Making a hardcopy simply
does a plot() with a different device, and so often tickles
this error.

Workarounds include adding the last trace twice, as in
  newplot my.x, my.y, key='sin'
  plot my.x, my.z, key='cos'
#everything is fine...
  plot my.x, my.z, key='cos', color='red'

which will then trick a second plot().  Anyway, it's all my
fault, not PGPLOT's.  Probably should fix it huh??