[Ifeffit] new releases of Atoms, Athena, and Artemis

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Thu Jul 11 10:58:16 CDT 2002

Hi all,

I just wanted to follow up Matt's announcement of the Windows preview
release yesterday.  It includes versions of my programs that have been
updated in the last two weeks.  For those of you who are linux, unix,
or OSX users, source code tarballs of the latest versions can be found
on my web site.

For Atoms the big changes are mostly in the parts of the code that
compute absorption cross sections from the McMaster, Elam, or other
tables.  Several bugs were fixed, including some severe problems in
the McMaster tables and a bug which resulted in negative
(i.e. unphysical) normalization corrections in some situations.

For Athena the changes are fairly numerous and include bug fixes,
changes to the column selection dialog, changes to the behavior of the
groups list, and a few other things.

For Artemis, I have squashed a lot of bugs which lead to strange
behavior or crashes.  Many of the problems had to do with deletion of
feff paths.  That is now fixed and should work as expected.

As always, poke at them and let me know what needs fixing.

Special thanks this time to Simon Bare and Paul Fons for very helpful
bug reports.

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source