[Ifeffit] Test Windows Installer for Ifeffit++

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Tue Jul 9 18:53:01 CDT 2002

Hi Everyone,

There's a new version of the ifeffit windows installer
available at
  http://cars.uchicago.edu/ifeffit/src/iffsetup_jul09.exe

This installer uses ifeffit 1.0072 and includes the latest
versions of atoms, athena, and gifeffit, and now includes
artemis, sixpack, and a few other applications.

The main point of this release is to check the installation
process and the running of all the newly available programs.
I'm expecting that we'll need to make some minor changes to
some of the applications, but I'd like to get a release that
can be stable for several months, so would greatly appreciate
as much testing of these versions as possible.

So, all you Windows users out there, here's your chance to help
out!  Please try this installer out, and trying running all the
programs.  If any of them don't run or crash immediately,
please let us know.

The installer is now 20Mb, and expands to a directory that uses
about 50Mb.  If this is a problem, please let us know:  we
could probably split the distribution into separate installers
for different programs.

Thanks,