[Ifeffit] The so-called ravelware packages

Bruce Ravel ravel at phys.washington.edu
Fri Jul 5 12:58:42 CDT 2002

Hey,

Today Matt asked me why I don't make one big tarball with Atoms,
Athen, and Artemis all in it.  Apparently a few people have complained
to him about problems upgrading them one at a time.

I think that having one big tarball is a great idea and, in fact, I
have been looking forward to the day when all three would be basically
stable and ready for real work.  Atoms and Athena are there.  Artemis
should be soon.

I'll probably keep with the separate tarballs thing for my own
convenience for a short while longer, but I suspect that in the next
couple of months I'll start doing one huge tarball.

If anyone has a compelling reason for me *not* to do so, speak up!

 Bruce Ravel  ----------------------------------- ravel at phys.washington.edu
 Code 6134, Building 3, Room 222
 Naval Research Laboratory                          phone: (1) 202 767 5947
 Washington DC 20375, USA                             fax: (1) 202 767 1697

 Beamlines X11a, X11b, X23b, X24c, U4b
 National Synchrotron Light Source