[Ifeffit] [IFEFFIT] Polarized FEFF calculation

Matthew Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 19 14:27:01 CST 2024

Hi Soyoung,

I would not place too much importance to the value of the "Importance" factor ;)    That is, it is a quick estimate of the importance of a Path so that it might be filtered out.    As you'll notice, the first path always has an Importance factor of 100, making comparisons between calculations difficult.

If you want to check how the scattering amplitude varies with angle, say to check how close it is to cosine-squared, I recommend reading in the Path files and integrating the magnitude of chi(k).