[Ifeffit] Help with Larch install on MacOSX 14 (Sonoma)

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Nov 17 11:04:53 CST 2023

Hi Peggy,

Great to hear from you and sorry for the trouble.   If there is a
/Users/<username>/xraylarch folder that did get created,
does opening a Terminal and typing

     ~/xraylarch/bin/larch -m

work (I think you are saying that this reports "..no such file or
directory: ...").

If that is the case, maybe the installation did not finish correctly.  If
you are up for trying a few more things at the command line,
you might try

   ~/xraylarch/bin/python -m pip install xraylarch

which might work or at least give some useful error messages.

Cheers,

--Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu> 630-327-7411