[Ifeffit] Brain teaser

Anatoly Frenkel anatoly.frenkel at stonybrook.edu
Wed Jun 14 19:27:18 CDT 2023

Hello, all. It is a low- to medium- level brain teaser.

Pt-coated collimating mirror was in place for Pd K-edge measurement, but Au
L3-edge of Pd-Au alloy was measured (for testing purposes). I0 and It
detectors were both Ar filled ionization chambers. Because of the energy
dependence of reflectivity of the Pt mirror, I0 intensity was strongly
nonlinear (blue curve). However, the transmission intensity in the It
detector was almost linear (red curve). Why?

Anatoly

[image: image.png]