[Ifeffit] [Ext] Dumb question

Robert Gordon ragordon at alumni.sfu.ca
Thu Feb 16 14:49:27 CST 2023

So your goal is to plot If/I0 versus time for a given energy in the XANES.
Are you exporting normalised XANES or just If/I0?
Are you doing background removal from the pre-edge?

Is another feature underlying this targeted feature also disappearing or
changing? i.e. you are not watching a feature
increase from zero but instead changing from one to another? ...or seeing a
background increase as well?

Was the fluorescence measured using a solid state detector? Did the
deadtime of the detector increase significantly
as the signal from the sample increased (and no deadtime correction
applied) ?

-R.