[Ifeffit] (no subject)

Kelly, Shelly Diane skelly at anl.gov
Tue Apr 25 08:32:23 CDT 2023

Hello Joyti,

I'm not sure I know what your definition of 'exact' and 'average'.  The exafs signal comes from each atom that is probed by the x-ray beam. The total signal is exactly  an average of the local atomic environment of all atoms. If half the atoms have 4 carbon neighbors and the other half have 8 carbon neighbors at the same distance, the exafs signal will be that of 6 carbon neighbors.

Kind regards
Shelly