[Ifeffit] [Ext] Larch 0.9.59

Carlo Segre segre at iit.edu
Fri Apr 1 17:39:15 CDT 2022

Hi Matt:

I have managed to figure out an installation procedure using Debian Linux
that installs Larch for all users on the system to use.  If this is useful
for you , I can write it up.

Carlo

On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 2:38 PM Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Larch version 0.9.59 has been released.  It should now be installed by
> default using all installation mechanisms, and you may see a notice to
> update if running xas_viewer.
>
> This is mostly bug fixes, but some are important enough to warrant pushing
> out now.  Changes are detailed at
> https://github.com/xraypy/xraylarch/releases/tag/0.9.59
>
> For XAS Viewer use, the most important of these are
>  a)  "energy reference" and "energy shifting" of spectra work much better.
>  b) the action of the "pin icon to select points on the graph" has now
> changed (by popular opinion) to be: click on pin icon, *and then* cliick on
> point of the graph.
>
> There are also new binary installers - the one for Linux might work for
> more people ;), and the installation might be faster for more people.
>
> We're hoping that there will be another release in a couple of months to
> give a more comprehensive "Project File" concept.   But, as always,
> suggestions or comments are welcome.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --Matt

Carlo U. Segre (he/him) -- Duchossois Leadership Professor of Physics
Professor of Materials Science & Engineering
Director, Center for Synchrotron Radiation Research and Instrumentation
Illinois Institute of Technology
Voice: 312.567.3498            Fax: 312.567.3494
segre at iit.edu   http://phys.iit.edu/~segre   segre at debian.org