[Ifeffit] [Ext] Larch 0.9.59

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri Apr 1 18:13:17 CDT 2022

Hi Carlo,

On Fri, Apr 1, 2022 at 5:39 PM Carlo Segre <segre at iit.edu> wrote:

> Hi Matt:
>
> I have managed to figure out an installation procedure using Debian Linux
> that installs Larch for all users on the system to use.  If this is useful
> for you , I can write it up.

Yes - I think that would be very helpful. I know that it's all pretty
focused on "install for an individual user", so if installing to a server
needs modifications, that would be interesting to either automate or at
least document.   For sure, we're trying to get to "normal pip
install-able", but wxPython on Linuxes makes that kind of challenging.

Somewhat related: I did verify that the Linux installer works for me, but I
built it on a Centos7 machine and installed it on a Centos8 machine, so
that might not be a fair test.  And I believe that some of the ESRF folks
had some trouble with debian and an earlier version of this installer.